• Lost Password?
  • Register

•  
    Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Current state of OHG Starbound
    09-17-2014, 04:45 AM,
    Current state of OHG Starbound
    As many of you are already aware the Starbound server has been offline for a long time now, part of the reason it was initially brought down was the server wrapper we were using had some security concerns after the author was found to have written malicious code in the past. This was the reason why the server initially went down and at the time there was no readily available alternative.

Starbound's current beta version is still Furious Koala which came out in April this year, since then there has been no gameplay update to the game and it had grown stale for me at least in it's current iteration. The game is by no means dead, it is under active development with nightly (and by definition, buggy) builds of the game coming out every day, however a server cannot be run in a stable manner like this.

With the last two paragraphs in mind, OHG Starbound is on hiatus until a new "stable" update comes out for the game, and pending what state the server software (currently very barebones) is in, a suitable server wrapper is available for it. I have 55 hours logged in that game, I really want it to get an update but it does take time and would like to bring back the OHG server as soon as the above criteria are met.
    Quote this message in a reply
    09-21-2014, 08:45 PM,
    RE: Current state of OHG Starbound
    Thanks for the update!
    See you in the 'verse!

Minecraft IGN: John Stranger
    Everythin' else:Wraith Shepherd
    Quote this message in a reply