• Poll: Maps you'd like to see in the torrent
    alpha
    beta
    gold
    skyspawn
    skyarena
    others not listed
    [Show Results]
    Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Old minecraft maps
    09-15-2014, 03:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 03:03 AM by StrikeForceZero.)
    Old minecraft maps
    So over the years, many of you have been asking to release our minecraft maps for download.
    And given the current situation with bukkit I feel like maybe now would be a great time to put them up for download
    I beleive I have every single one. One of them may have a bit of corruption.

What I would like to do is set these up as a torrent and seed every map in their own archive/zip
    then remove the last block (chunk of the file) from each archive until enough peers reach 99%

For people new to torrenting, this will allow 2 things.

You will be able to pick and choose what maps you are downloading

Everyone will help share the maps. At first it will be "intial-seeding" where I'm forcing everyone to essentially "wait" in line and help create other seeds to lighten the load.

Then after I feel we have enough seeds I will re insert the block and everyone can finish their download.
    I don't plan on leaving this run forever but this will allow users to redistribute the files freely amongst each other through any file sharing they want. Or continue seeding

And as an added benifit, the hash checking will allow you to redownload a chunk of the archive if its corrupted

Please give some feedback or what maps you'd like the most

Quote this message in a reply
    09-16-2014, 12:55 PM,
    RE: Old minecraft maps
    I recognize "Skyspawn" but I've been on so many of this groups maps now I honestly cant remember what the specific names were. Is ther eany way to find out, or should I just check them all to be safe?

Also a potentially relevant question: How big are some of these files? I know while the server was down I ran a small world for 4 of my friends (and myself) and that server files hit like 2 gigs before people lost interest, and since less people means less room so I assume these world files are larger.
    09-16-2014, 05:12 PM,
    Showcase isn't listed. Cuz that came after gold, right?

09-16-2014, 11:31 PM,
    showcase was one i forgot about it, sorry
    each map is about 1gig
    09-17-2014, 12:26 AM,
    im interested in the 1.6.4 map
    so the showcase map isn't going to be put back up?
    09-17-2014, 03:12 AM,
    was sky arena that thing i made with red vs blue or am i thinking of something else.

been wanting a copy of skyspawn for ever. and like others i dont remember map names well also. but do think beta was most active map if remember right.

09-17-2014, 08:54 PM,
    I wasn't around during alpha, but yeah I think beta was our peak for activity. Gold was pretty active though if my memory serves me correct.

10-22-2014, 06:11 PM,
    The one with mayors and continents was fun too.
    10-23-2014, 12:26 PM,
    I'm compressing them now for download.

I'll post the link here once its done.
    They will be available for http download (1gigabit port speed) for about 4 days
    then after they will be a torrent
    10-23-2014, 12:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014, 12:42 PM by StrikeForceZero.)
    enjoy

https://openhousegaming.com/worlds/

I believe world, is the showcase map