• Lost Password?
  • Register

•  
    Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Bukkit News
    09-05-2014, 03:10 PM,
    Bukkit News
    So I'm not sure how many of you are still following news on MC, but seeing as we actually know someone who is involved in this, we should pay attention. http://games.on.net/2014/09/minecrafts-c...mca-claim/

Also I assume this is gonna put a halt on any of our current plans for a MC server...

Quote this message in a reply
    09-05-2014, 07:00 PM,
    RE: Bukkit News
    Well...

AFAIK Wolvereness is not active around here, so I wouldn't expect comment from him.

As far as the server is concerned, I am going to assume that we will not have Bukkit available for 1.8, I'm a bit busy right this second but I'll bring up a vanilla (whitelisted) server up as the main server for now at least. This is not ideal as the core reason for bukkit (logblock) does neuter our moderation abilities, we lose our ability to not only rollback but determine the source of griefing definitively. We will use this server until 1.9 at least.

The DMCA pertains to any code submitted by Wolvereness, he has basically revoked permission to use his work in Bukkit (and by extension, Spigot and MCPC). This is a lot of man hours of code that would need to be replaced. This post by someone much more knoweldgable about the law explains it here. This is a legal issue, and as such is unlikely to be resolved quickly.

Please feel free to discuss this in this thread, I'll have the server up and ready to be played on later, but it will be a few hours before I can do so.
    09-05-2014, 07:15 PM,
    Oh no, I know Wolvereness hasn't been around for quite some time. I personally don't keep up with MC updates or anything anymore. I actually had a friend text me asking if Wolvereness used to be one of our admins since he recognized the name.

09-05-2014, 09:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014, 09:12 PM by StrikeForceZero.)
    This may be disappointing news for most. But I would like to hope everyone here is supportive of wolvereness.

09-06-2014, 01:12 AM,
    This. There are many reasons why this has happened,
    Wolvereness would not do it just for giggles. Bukkit has had a huge upheaval and lots of questions are unanswered regarding it's future, direction and ownership. I hope this is resolved quickly, however understand this will take time. As I said in my last post he has put a lot of work into the Bukkit project and I'm sure he's acted in a way to protect his work.
    09-07-2014, 02:16 PM,
    I was just wondering if that was the same Wolvereness. I hope everything works out for him.

[Image: 164cva.png]

09-08-2014, 02:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 02:04 AM by Wraith_Shepherd.)
    If Wolvereness pops into the ol' haunt. . .

My support goes to you!   Hopefully you aren't getting to flooded with idiots from the web.  Maybe code a new version of LOIC to use on them تصویر: images/smilies/soft/xD.png

See you in the 'verse!

Minecraft IGN: John Stranger
    Everythin' else:Wraith Shepherd
    09-11-2014, 02:47 AM,
    I just learned about this today. After reading bukkit forums, I think wolv is 100% doing right thing.

But was fun reading the hate post on Wolv. Alot of dumb people who cant read what hell is going on and just bitching no 1.8 and that wolv is evil and mojang can do no wrong......