• Login:
  • Lost Password?
  • Register

•  
    Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Minecraft Temporary Server
    08-06-2014, 09:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014, 08:17 PM by Greyhame.)
    Minecraft Temporary Server
    So, we have a new vanilla server coming up but that is still a little while away, so what would people be interested in? Just to reiterate this will be a "temporary" server most likely, depending on interest/nature of the server to be up for maybe a month at most. These servers will be "lightly moderated", most likely a basic whitelist and few ops. This doesn't mean that you may be a jerk, but realise these servers won't have our usual mod tools/presence. 

Some options that I can think of are a snapshot server, a general mod pack server (such as FTB or Tekkit), a "total conversion" mod pack (TerraFirmaCraft) and finally a modded map (Agrarian Skies). Stuff like putting an adventure map or Super Hostile style map would be impractical as they are limited for how many players they can support. If you know of one that can support at least 10 players then go ahead and suggest it.

The guidelines for suggestions are as follows:
    • Must provide link to their main page
    • A short description
    • Download instructions (and appropriate links)
    • If there is a limit to number of players, what that limit is and/or if there is a way to increase the limit
    • Why you would to play this
    So an example post would look something like this:
    Example Post Wrote:
    I would like to play Agrarian Skies. Agrarian Skies is a skyblock style map that uses a heavily modded version of Minecraft including the "Hardcore Questing Mode" mod which provides a quest system as well as limiting the number of lives. It can be downloaded through the Feed The Beast launcher (just scroll down to the "Client download"). The base multiplayer world has 7 islands however it can be expanded using a tool that is included or through world editing. This would be a great pack to play on a server as it's flexible in how it can be played as you can play it alone or in a party with however many players you like.

After a few days I will make a poll and we can vote for it. If this gains enough traction we may consider doing it as a permanent rotation style, picking a different type of server each month or two.

Quote this message in a reply
    08-11-2014, 11:31 PM,
    RE: Minecraft Temporary Server
    I would really like a vanilla server to be totally honest. Just something we could work on as a community, and i personally was a fan of the one that we had before(with the big rail network?) I'd be happy to mod/OP that if it selected!
    DIGITAL.LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS OH MY
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/digitallion
    Send me an add!
    08-12-2014, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 04:44 AM by Professor Hudnall.)
    I'd vote a lightly modded server, nothing too extreme, just to keep things exciting.
    Then when the actual server goes up we continue on our ways as a community driven server.

I'd also vote PVP on in the modded server 'cause DEATH

[Image: sexy+like+a+boss.gif]
    [Image: 2MqyTfy.png]
    08-12-2014, 05:44 AM,
    I miss the days of the PVP map lol
    08-12-2014, 08:06 AM,
    One word
    "Vanilla"
    until 1.8 drops at least...
    08-12-2014, 08:12 PM,
    Sounds like people want Vanilla. Just want to mention it could be either a snapshot (which does have bugs) or 1.7.10

Either way, I'll leave PvP on and be pure vanilla, possibly with a world border if chunk generation becomes an issue (doubtful) on the snapshot. Either way, this server would hit 1.8 before Bukkit is ready anyway.
    08-12-2014, 10:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 10:22 PM by Professor Hudnall.)
    (08-12-2014, 08:12 PM)'Mattman1153' Wrote:  Sounds like people want Vanilla. Just want to mention it could be either a snapshot (which does have bugs) or 1.7.10

Either way, I'll leave PvP on and be pure vanilla, possibly with a world border if chunk generation becomes an issue (doubtful) on the snapshot. Either way, this server would hit 1.8 before Bukkit is ready anyway.

PREPARE TO DIE MY FRIENDS

[Image: sexy+like+a+boss.gif]
    [Image: 2MqyTfy.png]
    08-29-2014, 01:04 AM,
    Sorry to not really be active on here or any of the servers for a while, after the modded server here got way too laggy/ got taken down, I found another modded server, and it's hard to go back to vanilla once I've gotten so used to the mods.... 

And where you listed Agrarian Skies, there is also the Crash Landing pack that has the similar quest driven advancement

As for the other games, I don't really have many/ any that you guys have been talking about. 
    09-06-2014, 03:41 AM,
    (08-29-2014, 01:04 AM)reaper1395 Wrote:  And where you listed Agrarian Skies, there is also the Crash Landing pack that has the similar quest driven advancement
    Is there a multiplayer version of Crash Landing? Agrarian Skies was a skyblock and a multiplayer map was provided with 7 islands, however you could just clone them and have the same thing, my understanding with Crash Landing is it's a map designed for one "party" or team to progress through. In the first post that it should be capable of supporting 10 players, this is so that everyone who wants to play would be able to.

As we will be running vanilla 1.8 for the foreseeable future, at least for the time being these ideas are on hold. We may use these ideas for a rotating server later on, but we will be focusing on Vanilla right now.
    09-08-2014, 07:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 07:17 PM by reaper1395.)
    (09-06-2014, 03:41 AM)'Mattman1153' Wrote:  
    (08-29-2014, 01:04 AM)'reaper1395' Wrote:  And where you listed Agrarian Skies, there is also the Crash Landing pack that has the similar quest driven advancement

Is there a multiplayer version of Crash Landing? Agrarian Skies was a skyblock and a multiplayer map was provided with 7 islands, however you could just clone them and have the same thing, my understanding with Crash Landing is it's a map designed for one "party" or team to progress through. In the first post that it should be capable of supporting 10 players, this is so that everyone who wants to play would be able to.

As we will be running vanilla 1.8 for the foreseeable future, at least for the time being these ideas are on hold. We may use these ideas for a rotating server later on, but we will be focusing on Vanilla right now.

Yes, it is possible to do as a multiplayer setup, but I'm not sure what all goes on behind the scenes, but it's some sort of combo between the crash landing and the skyblock plugin. I told Hudnall about the server I have been playing on last night and he went to check it out, and said that it would probably not really work for how the OHG servers are set up. 

Also, if you mean just a multiplayer one as in a bunch of people working at the same crash site together, instead of each person having their own, I think it'd be a lot of work to keep the food supply up to support many people, but it'd probably work I think