• Lost Password?
  • Register

•  
    Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Fun times
    12-24-2013, 06:33 PM,
    Fun times
    Got into my first gun fight last night, where I actually had a gun with ammo.

So I was onto of a 4 story building rearranging my inventory cuz I found a bigger backpack, and I start hearing gunfire. I dropped to the ground and peeked over the edge and see two guys down the street a little ways. One of them is running towards the building I'm in and the other has is aiming up towards me. He took a couple more shots at me. I moved spots and peeked over and returned fire. Hit the guy atleast once cuz he took off running for cover. Guessing that I have less than 30 seconds before the other guy reaches the roof. I start climbing down the ladder on the back of the building. Once I reached the ground I snuck around to where the guy was taking cover. He's still aiming at the roof. I run up behind him and fire almost point blank into his back. The other guy, who is now on the roof starts taking shots at me. I run to the roof of another building and we start taking shots at each other from each roof top. The last thing that I saw was some other guy running up to the guy on the roof weilding an axe. Then I died. I'm guessing that some other people came across our shoot out and decided to take us both out.

I have to say, for my first gun fight it was pretty epic. DayZ is awesome and ya'll should get it.
    Quote this message in a reply
    12-25-2013, 12:55 AM,
    RE: Fun times
    Thats pretty intense. Most of ours we have m4 with couple clips, but just terrorizing other unsuspecting players lol. we all need to play.
    12-25-2013, 04:47 AM,
    Need a DayZed night :D
    See you in the 'verse!

Minecraft IGN: John Stranger
    Everythin' else:Wraith Shepherd
    12-25-2013, 05:00 AM,
    Until I get around to finishing the app, lets make a calendar! we plan what games to play and people "rsvp". we could use google calender or just make threads on the forums for each day / game
    12-25-2013, 05:02 AM,
    I like it. . .even if people don't always make it (life happens) it should hopefully work. . .it would at least allow others to try and be available that night for gamin'
    See you in the 'verse!

12-27-2013, 04:48 AM,
    Even if it only works lets say 6 out of 10 times, it would still totally be worth it.

Me and my friends are totally decked out with gear, guns, and food. We have CAN OPENERS!!! XD

On a totally different note. I'm bummed that they don't have Chains' mask, cuz that's who I played as in both PAYDAYs.
    12-29-2013, 05:10 AM,
    [Image: DgiAw4v.jpg]

So I'll explain this screenshot here shortly after we are done playing for the night. But for now you can just laugh at it.
    12-29-2013, 10:49 AM,
    So here's the full story.

CookieMobsta, Mithrarin (aka qRandomnessp), and myself have been playing DayZ for a several days now. After we finally all met up in Elektro we haven't died. We slowly made our way North looting almost every village/town/city on the East side of the map. By the time we got to the airstrip in the NE, we got fully decked out in gear and supplies.

So by the next time we all get on the game with each other, our friend Purring_Panther (aka XxPumaManxX) finally got DayZ. So we want to meet up with him but of course he spawns somewhere on the Southern coast. So we tell him start heading along the coast and that we'll start heading towards him. So after about 30 minutes of traveling, he asks us if he shouldn't be sprinting the entire time. We explain to him how sprinting causes you to get thirsty and hungry faster. So after a while longer he asks us what he should do when his hungry status turns to orange. We urge him to go get some food. He finds some fruit in a village and eats it. Mithrarin makes a comment about him being lucking for finding fresh fruit. Purring_Panther then says "Wait fresh?! I thought all fruit in this was rotten and that you just have to eat it to survive."

CookieMobsta says "Well you're gonna die!!"
    Mithrarin "You ate rotten fruit?!?!"
    Purring_Panther "Yeah I was starving"
    CookieMobsta "You're gonna die!"

At this point I just started laughing. So we then found him in the next couple minutes. Mithrarin checks the Wiki and tells Purring_Panther not to eat anything because supposedly one of the ways to fight food poisoning is to starve it out. So over the next few minutes we try and decide what to do cuz we want to try and save him. Mithrarin and I ended up sprinting about 4km to the nearest town with a hospital to see if we can find any medicine to help him. We found some charcoal tabs which are also supposedly to help food poisoning. Mithrarin takes the tabs and starts heading back to the others while I keep looking around for anything else. Mithrarin gives the charcoal tabs to Purring_Panther who takes 2 doses since we don't know how many he should take. So we reason that cuz this is DayZ the effect might not be instant to cure his sickness status. So while I wait they start heading for the town.

I found a crane nearby and told them to head for the crane so that we could meet. next to the crane we found some stuff for Purring_Panther since he still doesn't have much stuff. We decide that he should probably drink water to cure his thirst. Shortly after this while we are looting some of the building he announces that it finally told him in red text that he was dying from hungry. Almost immediately, I turn to look at his guy and then suddenly I see his body just fall over onto the ground. He fell unconscious. So this time CookieMobsta and I run off to the hospital to see if we can find an Epi-pen. We couldn't find one, but we found some other drugs so we brought those back. Then we started force feeding the drugs to Purring_Panther. Then we force feed him food and soda.

For some weird reason after he fell unconscious he stood up and was still has some limited movement. Like he could use q and e to lean left and right. He could also use alt+mouse to move his head to look around. Although on his screen it was still the black screen. After we decided that there was nothing else we could do for him, I asked "Can I shoot him? I haven't shot anyone in days." So I aimed down my sights, pointing my gun at him. That's when Mithrarin got the idea that we should pose and take a screenshot.

So I'm on the left with the M4, Purring_Panther is in the center, CookieMobsta is on the right with the Mosin, and then Mithrarin is the one taking the screenshot.

Oh and about 3 seconds after this screenshot was taken, I shot him twice in the head. Then we looted his body, and continued to head South to meet up with him after he respawned.

So that is the story behind Purring_Panther's epic death. Ate a rotten fruit, starvation knocked him unconscious, and then death by M4.
    12-30-2013, 04:14 AM,
    That's awesome!
    See you in the 'verse!